Indira Gandhi National Open University going through changing phase. Recently Ignou has scrapped it’s running syllabus and launched the new Choice Based Credit System- CBCS Syllabus for its Major Undergraduate courses.
Students are being enrolled under this new syllabus from July 2019 session for the following courses-
- Bachelor of Education (BAG) : including all specializations/majors as follows:- Anthropology, Economics, History, Political Science, BA English, BA Hindi, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Math, Urdu, Sanskrit
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOMG)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSCG) Including all majors/specializations of B.Sc. like Botany, Geology, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Life Science and Zoology etc.
Now under these new syllabus students will he given more options to choose the right subject of their own choice as this Credit Based and Choice Based Program.
What is Special about CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) Program:
Student need to Complete 132 Credits in 6 semesters. 1 credit means 30 hours of study. Upon completion of 132 credit student will be awarded the respective degree they are enrolled for.
Under this method students are given more flexibility to choose the subjects from different section/categories of courses. According to CBSC the following categories are available to choose subject from:-
- Course Course (CC)
- Discipline Specific Electives (DSE)
- Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC)
- Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC)
- Generic Electives (GE)
Note: Those students are already enrolled for these courses in January 2019 or earlier, will not be affected and they will continue as per their old syllabus applicable. But they need to complete their course within the maximum given period.
Download Ignou Books for New Ignou Syllabus BA, BCOM, BSC – Click Here
Student can ask more information by commenting on the below comment section. We will reply you with expert advice on the issue.