As you all know that from DEC 2019 BSHF 101 and FST 1 exams will be in MCQ format, we have here given the most important question with answer for the exam prospective questions.
As notified earlier by Ignou BSHF 101 and FST 1 these two papers will be objective type instead of descriptive.
So these BSHF 101 MCQ Question Answers will help you clear the exam. There will be no negative marking so you can also use your guesses if you are not sure about the right answers from the available 4 options.
Below are the MCQ with the right answer written in front of the question.
Bshf 101 MCQ Questions
- What is Sociology? – study of society
- what is the new avatar of fascism? – Neofascist
- Man of old stone age knows only – No control over nature
- what is the other name of the paleolithic period? – Old stone Age
- what is the other name of Neolithic age? – New stone age
- In which Age Wheel was discovered?- In Bronze age
- When was Iron used in India? – Around 1000 B.C
- In which age, Man got the ability to control high temperature? – Bronze age
- Which method is used for getting food at Old stone age? – from hunting
- The man knows Metallurgy first time in – bronze Age
- The Bronze tools were made from? – A mixture of tin and copper
- When the wheel and wind power is used for the first time? – In Bronze Age
- During Iron Age, iron was used for?- Making Ploughshares
- Study of the universe called? – cosmology
Also see: Fst 01 Mcq questions
- What is Palaeontology? – The science that deals with life on earth in earlier times as known from the study of fossils.
- The Meaning of the Renaissance? – Re-birth
- A system of thought holding man to the ethical, giving dignity to man is called? – Humanism
- When Vasco-de-Gama discovered India?- Between 1497-98
- The Vasco da gama was from?- Portugal
- Who discovered Africa? – Bartholomew Diaz
- When Bartholomew Diaz sailed to the eastern coast of Africa? – 1487-88
- What is capitalism?- an economic system of production of commodities for profit
- Who formulated the Drain theory? – Nationalists
- What is De-Industrialisation means? – Decline in Industry
Also see: IGNOU Admission January 2020- Last Date, Eligibility criteria, Procedure etc ( Admissions are now open)
- When the Battle of Plassey held? – 1757
- In London, who founded the East India Association & when? – Dadabhai Naroji, in 1866
- When Indian Congress formed in India? – 1883
- How many delegates attended Ist meeting of Congress? – 72 Delegates
- Who quote ” Swaraj is my Birthright and I will have it” – Bal Gangadhar Tilak
- Swadeshi Movement started as a reaction to what & when? – Bengal Partition, 1905
- When Gandhiji Arrived from South Africa to India? – 9 January 1905
- When Simon Commission appointed? – 8 November 1927
- When Congress announced Quit India Movement? – 8 August 1942
- The Literacy rate of India in 1951? – 16.6%
- Ascribed Status Means? – The status that people are born into
- Achieved Status Means? – The status which acquired by an individual & not given on the birth
- How many types of the family? – Two types of family are Nuclear and Extended Family
- The Total Functions of the family are – Socialization, Emotional security and economic functions
- All rules of Governing Marriage are – Incest Taboo, Endogamy, Exogamy
- What is Polygamy? – A type of marriage, in which there is more than one spouse
- Name the type of marriage in which woman has several husbands? – Polyandry
- How many types of marriages are there? – two types
- When the Juvenile Justice Act launched? –1986
- The Percentage of the Differently abled person in India according to 2001 census? – 2%
When Govern. of India act launched by British? – 1935
- According to census 2001, Population of ST? – 8.6%
- The Movement of people into or out of an area- Migration
- The Drafting Committee was chaired by- Dr.B.R Ambedkar
- In which Amendment, right to property is a legal right? – 44th Amendment
- The Total strength of constitution assembly before partition was? – 381
- When Constitution Day is celebrated? – 26 November
- When Panchayati Raj Act was passed in? – 1957
- The Chipko Movement was led by? – Sunder Lal Bahuguna
- The 73rd Amendment is related to the? – Panchayati raj
- When was National emergency imposed on India? – 1975
- The Constitution assembly was headed by the? – Dr.Rajendra Prasad
- Which committee was working in 1949 on DNTs? – Antrolikar committee
- When RTI Act passed by Parliament – 11 May 2005
- The Full form of GDP- Gross Domestic Product
When was First Five Year (FYP) Plan introduced – 1951
- The Indian Economy Mixed or Open? – Indian economy is a Mixed Economy
- When the Rowlatt Act passed by the British government? – 1919
- During Ist & 2nd five years plan, highest priority given to? – Industry & Agriculture
- The 3rd FYP gave priority to which sector? – Power
- An economy that maintains economic relations with the rest of the world called? – Open Economic.
- Things that come under literature? – Poetry, fiction, drama, criticism.
- The Ajanta caves belong from which period? – Satavahana Period.
- What is natwari dance? – Kathak dance is also known as natwari dance.
- The three fundamental constituents of music are? –Swara, taal and raag.
- The lyrics used in this dance seems to be influenced very largely by jaidev’s Gita-Govinda? – Katha kali
- When the world environment Day celebrated? – 5 June
Also see: IGNOU PGDCA Course 2020 session- Admission, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee structure, programme details
- What are the types of Environment? – There are two types of environment -biotic and Abiotic
- What is Adaptation? – The Process by which human beings adjust to a situation
- What is Anachronistic? – That which is severely out of date
- The Marsilius of Padua belongs to which country? – He was an Italian scholar
- What is Blasphemy? – Act of insulting / sacred objects
- What is Non-fascism? – Opposition to fascist ideologies, groups and individuals.
- When did iron age commence ?-Around 1200 B.C
- What do you mean by abstraction? – The process of formation of ideas or quality of things by separating it mentally forms any particular material object.
- Who wrote the book On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres and when? – Nicolaus Copernicus in 1543
- When and where the copper was discovered for the first time? – Around 9000 B.C in Iraq
- Who was the first person to successfully circumnavigate the world and when? – Magellan in 1519 – 22
- Who was the first European to sail around the southernmost tip of Africa and when? – Bartolomeu Dias in 1488
What is Absolutism? – A govern. in which ruler has absolute power.
- What do you mean by Heretic? – The Holding belief opposed to the church, especially by its members
- What do you mean by Scholasticism? – A system of thought based on Aristotelian logic
- What is Tithe? – The one-tenth of annual produce from land paid as a contribution to the church
- When and Which war weak the US Economy? – Vietnam war in 1960s and 70s.
- Which term is also called Umbrella term? – Literature is an umbrella term for poetry, fiction, drama, criticism.
- Which Form is the oldest form of literature? – Poetry is the oldest form of literature
- The Name of Some major English Critic? – T S Eliot and samuel Johnson
- The Name of some major Hindi Critic? – Ram chandra shukla and Hazari Prasad Dwivedi
- What is a tragedy? – A play that ends sadly.
- What is Epic? – A very long poem on large scale touching upon a whole race’s history on some cosmic issue.
- What is Lyric? – A poetic composition capable of being set to music.
- What is Rhythm? – The regular beat is called rhythm.
- The author of Paradise Lost? – Milton
- The Tulsi das, Kabir, and surdas were? – Bhakti Poet
- What is satire? – A critical form of theatre in which critique is achieved
- through humour, wit and ridicule.
- What is mean by the Term Character Actors? – The actors who play a short role in a film like villains, relatives or comics role.
- Who is the author of Abhigyan Shakuntalam ? – Kalidasa
- Where are the earliest paintings have been found in India? – Mostly found in Primitive Caves and rock shelters.
- The prominent sites where the earliest paintings have been fond in India ? –
- Singanpur in raigarh of central India
- Mirzapur and bandra in uttar pradesh
- Larimer hills in Baghel khand
- Mahadeo Hills of Vindh yan range in Bundel Khand
- Bellary in South.
- When & from which cave the earliest historical paintings in india came? – In 2nd century A.D, sata vahana period from Ajanta caves.
What kind of scenes are depicted in Early paintings? –
- The Scenes related to life of buddha
- His previous life, Comprising the jatakas and ava danas
- Also floral and animal motifs carefully created.
- These paintings show the worship of bodhi tree, sama jataka, and chha danta jataka.
- What are the colours mostly used in Ajanta cave paintings? – Red ochre, Yellow ochre, lamp black, Lapis-Lazuli, white.
- What is Tempera? – A process of painting in which pigment are mixed with size, casein, egg, especially egg yolk to produce a dull finish.
- What are the name of some major painters with their paintings
- V.s Gaitonde – Abstracts
- Shabbir Husain- optical qualities
- Bimal Das gupta – Modalities
- Manu Parekh- Re combined Forms
- M.F Husain & Ram Kumar – Earthly
- Bhupen khakhar – Curious reality
- Gulam Sheikh- Colour Sensitive
- Rajeev Lochan- A peep into the Past
Few More BSHF 101 MCQ:
- What is Jatakas? – Stories and legends about the life of buddha.
- What is Abstracts? – A term that encompassed various contem porary non realistic schools.
- Who started the culture of Mughal Paintings in India? – khwaja Abdus samad of shiraz.
- When was the first rock paintings found in India? – In 1867 & 1868.
- When did Abanindranath Tagore born ? – 7th August 1871
- Who was the first painter in India? – Abanindranath Tagore nephew of Rabindranath Tagore.
These are the Final Bshf 101 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) – 30 November 2019
- Define The art of painting? – The art of painting is the expression of ideas and emotions with the creation of certain aesthetic qualities in two-dimensional visual language.
- Which three movements helped India to get Independence? –
- Non-co-operation and khilafat movement.
- Civil disobedience Movement.
- Quit India Movement.
- The name of some leading newspapers that gave rise to national movement ? – Amrit bazaar patrika, Indian mirror, Kesari, Mahratta etc.
- When was the first political association of India formed? – During 1837.
- Under whose leadership, Indian National Congress formed? – A.O Hume, W.c Banerjee etc.
- The sultan of Turkey was regarded as? – Khalifa.
- The Khilafat Movement was led by ? – Mohd Ali and shaukat Ali.
- Where was the first meeting launch for Non-co-operation movement ? – Nagpur.
- The Non-co-operation movement is abandoned with an act of violence in? – chauri-chaura.
- When Congress protested against Simon commission? – During 1929.
- When the Civil Disobedience Movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi? – During 1930.
- When Quit India movement launched by Congress ? – During 1942.
- Name the some Revolutionary Nationalists? – Chandra Shekhar Azad, Ram Prasad Bismil, Bhagat Singh, Raj Guru, Sukh dev.
- The three Famous Peasant Movement? –Champaran, Santhal and Rheda Movement.
- The worker Movement was against of ? – High prices and low wages.
- Define Racism? – Discrimination on the basis of the colour of skin.
- What do you mean by Pluralism? – This means Variety of cultures and people live together.
We keep posting more Bshf 101 multiple choice questions, Please, keep checking this post for more MCQ questions.
For best preparation, you have to study the ignou books of bshf 101 thoroughly. or you can buy a guide book for the same benefit here:
You can also see the fst 01 mcq questions, link is just below the 14 question of this post.